October 28, 2004

Today, I'll officially be one of "those fools."

Bruce Springsteen fans will need to get to the Capitol Square before noon -- the time my law school class ends -- if they want to see their boss play his anti-education anthem "No Surrender" as he pumps you up with voting enthusiasm for his man Kerry:
We busted out of class had to get away from those fools
We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school ...

Now on the street tonight the lights grow dim
The walls of my room are closing in
There's a war outside still raging
you say it ain't ours anymore to win ...

Not too inspiring on following through in Iraq either, is it? But somehow it's supposed to make you want to vote for Kerry. Maybe you don't care about the words, and it's all in the seemingly optimistic way (to use a Kerry-word) Springsteen sings his cynical words.

I'll make my way as far as I can up to the square after class and get some photos of whatever I run into that happens to be of interest. I should have something post-able later. I don't know how close I can get to the event. I have two tickets, left on my doorstep. Strange to need tickets to get somewhere on the street, but presumably there will be barriers and guards of all sorts. We're told to leave large bags and even umbrellas at home. But it looks like rain. Are we supposed to go out in the rain without umbrella? I guess so. You, perhaps, to bask in the radiating aura of the rock star and the potential President. Me, to get pictures of you, so basking.

No comments: