June 8, 2005

Corpse-flower-blogging.

I stopped by the UW greenhouse to get a look at the Titan Arum. Go to the official site for some nice shots of the whole thing, for live streaming, and for information about how big it is now -- 97 1/2 inches -- and when it's going to start to stink up the whole campus. Here are a couple of my pictures. Growing past the tape measure:

At the UW Greenhouse

A closeup:

At the UW Greenhouse

UPDATE: Chris emails:
The Corpse Flower kind of looks like this image from the back of the "Little Earthquakes" CD case.

9 comments:

Meade said...

Nice photos. But what do they have to do with female orgasms?

Ann Althouse said...

If you look long enough, I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Meade said...

Sounds elusively improbable as all get out. I should maybe just go back and finish my study of Walz v. Tax Commission of the City of New York.

Yogo said...

Does it have anything to do with the gross blogad?

goesh said...

It is phallic looking

Ann Althouse said...

Nappy: You don't like the pie fight ad? It ends today. You wouldn't believe how much more that ad was clicked on than the other two ads.

Meade said...

Ahh, the unmistakably odoriferous Stinkhorn Mushroom Phallus impudicus, which really does emit the pungent scent of smegma, attracting... spore carriers.

Yogo said...

Ann, seems like I wasn't the only one irritated with the pie fight ad.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8169264

Ann Althouse said...

Nappy: Thanks. I actually was never able to get the thing to play, so I only saw the starting image. So they throw pies at each other? The fixed image seemed fine to me, and no one had to click on it.