July 7, 2006

Good morning.

It's a beautiful, cool morning here in Madison, WI. I'm going on the radio in about an hour -- at 8 Central -- to be on Joy Cardin's show on the Wisconsin Ideas Network. So listen in if you can get one of those stations, like WHA (in Madison). We'll be hashing over the Supreme Court term, and you can call in. Or check back for the archived show.

I'm eager to go in to the office, because my new computer needs company. Yesterday, it enjoyed the fulfilling experience of a long hot firewiring with the old computer. Here they are in the heat of passion -- right on the desk!

Two computers

You can see that the experience jarred the younger one into speaking with a Swedish accent.

And then, I'm predicting, it will be a good day for a lunchtime stroll down State Street. Or I could just set up at some sidewalk café and write, like my colleague, Richard Monette, who looked so casual and elegant yesterday, when I happened to walk by and ask if I could take his picture:

Sidewalk Café

7 comments:

Russell said...

Shorts! Casual and elegant in shorts.

Ron said...

night of passion? Oh, yeah, I see the bottle of lube...next to the new monitor!

Makes the bits go faster!

I'm Full of Soup said...

"Wisconsin Ideas Network" . Organizations with these type of names annoy me - as if they have cornered the market on ideas.

Others include Idea Labs (are they still in business?) and Innovation Philadelphia. Someone oughta do a study to see how well they live up to their presumptuous names.

buddy larsen said...

Marghlar, LOL--"a tad disease-ridden"--

buddy larsen said...

dave, I think it's one o them new-fangled electric models.

Ricardo said...

Isn't it time for the Madison Chamber of Commerce to pay you a stipend as their newest and greatest goodwill Ambassador? Or at a minimum, buy an ad on your blog?

Judith said...

I have that Mac with the flying saucer base. Mine has the 20" screen. I love it. Ergonomically it's perfect for me. Apple says I can't put the latest hardware in it though. :-(