June 16, 2004

Day three.

My summer Conlaw class, after three days, is actually already one-sixth of the way through (not counting the exam day). It's been interesting to get up early and have so much work done by 10. Actually, it's been pretty fun. There are 15 students in the class, and they must all realize it's a special and serious commitment to get through Conlaw in such an intense, short period. And maybe everyone who dares to undertake the course this way is a morning person. But they've been a lively group so far.

The class does make it nearly impossible to add to the blog before noon Monday-Thursday. I haven't even finished reading the paper yet. So I need an appropriate new rhythm to keep up with the blogging life, but maybe by the time I figure it out, the class will be over already. But I'll still blog every day, even if unrhythmically. New Supreme Court cases throw the rhythm off anyway. But then so does a photographic excursion.

I see I got a lot of traffic over that Hillary/Streep post yesterday, and I realize that the expression "Hillary-haters" is now part of my website, capable of drawing people that are actually looking to tap into some Hillary-hating. If my post yesterday isn't clear enough: I'm not a Hillary-hater. I don't love her or hate her. I don't like Bush-hating either (or Bill Clinton-hating). These people are just politicians. I wish people could calm down and evaluate their capacities and policies with some rationality and save their passionate emotions for their personal lives. And for the love and appreciation of art. The point of that post was to express admiration for Meryl Streep and to disapprove of people who would let politics motivate them to diminish the work of an artist.

Maybe what I need is a nice photographic excursion. Yes, a trip to some obscure Wisconsin town, looking for some photographable local oddities...

No comments: