August 16, 2005

No, you wouldn't...

You wouldn't intentionally vomit-blog, would you?

Yes, I'm afraid I must. When I find that, quite by chance, a somewhat unusual word has come up twice in one day, I see if I can find enough other manifestations to make a post. Ten entries would be nice. Let's see:

1. Look! It's fossilized dinosaur vomit!

2. There hasn't been a vomit-in to protest the war in Iraq for a while. You can pass that on to the Cindy Sheehan cadre in case they're looking for a way to add oomph to their vigil.

3. Remember that student who deliberately vomited on his teacher? He was sentenced to clean up vomit in police cars — for four months. Mmmm!

4. Best vomiting in a movie? Maybe you have a better selection, but I think it's got to be Veronica Cartwright in "The Witches of Eastwick."

5. American Sign Language.

6. Rats can't vomit.

7. There really is something called "dog vomit slime mold." (This link is worth going to if only to enjoy some retro webpage design.)

8. I had a whole lot of fun with one of these when I was a kid.

9. Bible verse: "As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly."

10. Sorry, I can't come up with a tenth thing. I have to go eat lunch. Well, let's just say I have to find my lunch.

UPDATE: An entry from Dahlia Lithwick:
I am enormously confident, however, that John Roberts has never smoked pot. And I know this because I knew guys like him in college and at law school; we all knew guys like him. These were the guys who were certain, by age 19, that they couldn't smoke pot, or date trampy girls, or throw up off the top of the school clock tower because it would impair their confirmation chances. They would have done all these things, but for the possibility of being carved out of the history books for it.

12 comments:

David Oscar Markus said...

Best vomiting in a movie:
The Exorcist.

Unknown said...

Ann, I'm sure you didn't think that this blog post would actually be of service to anyone; but in fact, it was. At the park we often take my daughter to, I've found on a couple of occasions some yellow goopy stuff in the playground mulch. I figured it was a fungus of some sort but it resembled... vomit. Well ,now I know what it is. Thanks!

Ann Althouse said...

I love Brundlefly!

Contributors said...

"Meaning of Life" vomit scene?

stoqboy said...

Meaning of Life, is by far the best movie vomit scene. Team America was probably inspired by the Monty Python gag (yuk, yuk).

Steven Taylor said...

So long as there is no live-blogging of vomiting, I think we will be ok.

("You know you are a blog addict when...")

Ann Althouse said...

Steven: I haven't vomited in over 20 years. (Ratlike, but true!)

Mcg: Glad to help!

Art: As to question #1 — that's a trade secret I won't reveal. As to question #2 — to ask that question is to reveal you don't have the mind of a blogger.

Re movies: If you're arguing for a movie other than "WOE," you should see "WOE" before making your final decision. I agree the vomiting in "The Exorcist" is more famous.

Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chuck b. said...

Yay, vomit! There's a search button for black and white images too...I wonder how we can get today's Althouse in Amsterdam included...

I vomited from drinking too much at a friend's party once--only once-- and I was so embarrassed between heaves I kept saying "I never throw up when I'm drunk! I never do this!" and there I was doing it. 15 years later and it's still their favorite thing to tease me about.

I'm just lucky they didn't take any pictures.

Robert Holmgren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robert Holmgren said...

Guys like John Roberts exist in order to allow Dahlia Lithwick's college vomiting make her feel superior. In fact, the name 'Dahlia' is derived from the sound one makes in the throes of excess.

stoqboy said...

I like the "reversal" comment, it reminds me of 10th grade biology when we talked about the many forms of "reverse peristalsis."