October 24, 2005

Talking to Google like it's your friend.

I'm constantly amazed (and amused) by the Google searches that bring people to this blog. (You know, I pay nothing to use Blogger, but I do pay by the month to have the premium service at Site Meter, which you need to have to see all the searches.) People write Google searches as if they were posing questions to a friend, a psychiatrist, or a Magic 8 Ball.

Here are some recent searches:
why am i attracted to fat womens bellys
i'm smart, goodlooking, and so why aren't i popular?


Then there are things like this:
what does it mean jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule

I come up second in a search for that. I've never given my opinion of what it means to say that "jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule." I kind of think Bob Dylan himself doesn't know. It sounds dirty though, doesn't it?

7 comments:

Mark Daniels said...

I suspect that some Googlers once upon a time surfed with Jeeves, which used to encourage undertaking searches with those sorts of questions.

girlfriday said...

So this means you've answered the question to what the attraction to fat women's bellys is?

Andrew Shimmin said...

Did neither of you see Pulp Fiction?

"... But on a woman, a pot belly is very sexy. The rest of you is normal. Normal face, normal legs, normal hips, normal a**, but with a big, perfectly round pot belly. If I had one, I'd wear a tee-shirt two sizes too small to accentuate it... It's unfortunate what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye is seldom the same.

girlfriday said...

No, for reasons too boring to mention.

I will say that I googled the phrase in various forms and it didn't bring me here. I like the Ask Jeeves theory above, but would add that perhaps a link posted by this prodigious blogger is shared by a blogger who has posted on the pot-bellied woman topic.

bearing said...

The best search I ever got was testing your selves with fruit when pregnant.

Sissy Willis said...

My post about blogging-- "Like weightlifting for bloviators" --put me in the running for "The Best olympiclifter weightlifting websites."

EMC said...

Ann: I don't know what it means either, but if you have an old copy of the Stones album "Get Yer Ya-Yas Out," look closely at the cover.