March 27, 2013

"Karma's a bitch."/"But I still love her, because she's always there for me."

Said bagoh20 (responding to me) in comments in to "This is where I will employ the term 'Althousenfreude.'"

That made me say out loud, "I bet there are a lot of girls named 'Karma' now."

I found the old Name Voyager too, and here's Karma — a name that peaked in 2009 with 89 per 1 million babies.

Who would name their child Karma? For insight, consider the the brother and sister names from families with a girl named Karma:
Camron Carmelo Jaxson Kelvin Mauel Memphis Noah Orion Phillip Regulo Roanin Robert Sean Zavior
Graciela Honey Jerry Juniper Katrina Kirra Na'yzia Narida Sophia Voj Zia
Peaked in 2009... goes with the sister name Katrina... ?!! And here are the twins: Karma and Katrina. They look like trouble!
Personal experiences with the name Karma:

Karma is my first name, and in my experience, no one says it right, no on spells it right and everyone feels the need to comment on it - which gets VERY annoying VERY quickly.
Try one of the nicknames: Karms, Kaz, Tarmie, Kar-Kar....

Car car...

16 comments:

madAsHell said...

My karma ran over my dogma.

David said...

Car Car Parking Karma.

edutcher said...

Karma Karma Bo Barma Bonana Fanna Fo Farma Fee Fi Mo Marma

Karma!

TerriW said...

I have a name with spelling variations, and also have been called by a nickname since birth ... and while it's not exactly a "burden," it becomes a pain in the ass in all sorts of different ways. Just a few days ago, we had to redraw up real estate documents because my name got botched. Again.

Both of my kids have names with clear spelling. They'll thank me later.

(No, they won't.)

Meade said...

If I ever get a female puppy, I'm naming her "Karma".

Shouting Thomas said...

Carcar is a beautiful town south of Cebu in the Philippines.

It is famous for manufacturing hand sewn leather shoes and sandals that are incredibly cheap (by U.S. standards) and last forever.

I have several pairs of leather sandals. It appears they will outlive me.

Mark said...

My house backs up to a 1200 acre wetland where stupid people sometimes walk their dogs off leash.

A few years back someone with a dog named Karma had their dog off leash when it saw a deer and bolted.

There was a certain delicious irony to the owners wandering the swamp parts for hours calling out 'karma, come here karma!'

Sadly, all the off leash dogs mean we no longer see any foxes around. Hopefully the coyote which moved in will remove some of off leash dogs.

Oso Negro said...

The same kind of people who named their daughters Moira. It always reminded me of the Russell Edson poem with the lines "introducing my daughter Miss Fortune. She will curtsy and knock your house down."

bagoh20 said...

There has always been only one Karma for me. A bitch for sure, but takes all my shit, and just smiles. She completes me.

Sam L. said...

I was acquainted with a woman who named a daughter Kali (Hindu goddess of death).

Wince said...

Karma Chameleon.

bagoh20 said...

Oh, thanks dude. Now I have that stupid song in my head. Everything is gay, my head is full of gayness. Why is it not pleasing, why do I not revel in the happiness about to be enjoyed by good people close to me who I like, and who I want to enjoy all that is good?

There, that's my thinking in the form of a question?

heyboom said...

Two reasons I don't believe in karma:

Snooki and Wayman Tisdale

Methadras said...

I suppose blacks or hippies would name their children Karma. Maybe a newage douchebag.

Nini said...

Karma is like gravity we can't do away with.

Amartel said...

Noooo. Not Karma Chameleon. Now I really want to hurt you.
Fun fact: Boy George was against SSM originally. Now he has evolved, platypus-like, and concedes it's alright but just not for him as it's too conservative.